10 Tips for Writing Your “About Us” Page
1. Facts and honesty, not hype.
2. Seek to inspire and build trust.
3. What do your visitors want to know, do not get off track.
4. Be specific instead of, don’t try to make bold claims.
5. Give great info, kind of a sneak peek behind the curtains.
6. Connect with your audience.
7. Express your values and benefits.
8. List credentials, certifications, awards. Plus “Social Proof” testimonials.
9. Include a photo of you “in action” or additional product or general photos
10. Be interesting!
Keep Your Company Focused With a Targeted Mission Statement
1. Describe what your company does.
2. Describe how your company does what it does. …
3. Add why (your company does what it does). …
4. Put your new mission statement to work. …
Examples of Famous Mission Statements.
Starbucks: “To inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time.”
Virgin Airways: “Our mission statement is simple, yet the foundation of everything we do here at Virgin Atlantic Airways… to embrace the human spirit and let it fly.”
Google My Business (GMB) – https://www.google.com/business/
Bing Business Account – https://www.bingplaces.com/
Yelp Business Account – https://biz.yelp.com/
Does a Website Require SEO or is Building a Website Alone Enough?
One of the most important questions to ask, yet 90% never ask this question. The answer is Yes & No… Let us explain.
NO – If you are building a website for only people you are directing to your website by giving them your exact domain name and do not care about attracting new clients online. Maybe you are building a website that is for sharing information or has a private login feature that can only be accessed using a password by a group of people you choose.
In this case, there is Zero need for SEO as your goal is not to attract new clients/visitors or traffic. This site is built for a specific group of people. However, the website still needs to be built using the latest design standards to make sure the look and functionality are easy to navigate and visually appealing.
YES – If your intention is to get found online by potential clients searching for your goods or services. In this case you require both On-Page and Off-Page SEO. These are foundational requirements that help get your business build and steadily grow your online presence. Look at it like this, you have a great looking and highly functional website but if there is no gas in the tank, it is not going anywhere. The SEO is the fuel that allows your website to move forward and get found by the clients that have an interest in your services. Then it becomes the job of the website to convert those new visitors into leads and clients. Without SEO, your website is invisible online like close to 80% of websites online today. So, build it right with good SEO and there is still a ton of opportunity online today.
Additionally, if you are going to do any kind of additional paid marketing, you must have a good SEO foundation in order for those campaigns to be optimized. Want a little more information about SEO, please visit this link https://www.digitalnest.net/seo-ppc/
How Much Should a Website Cost?
The #1 question we get asked is about the cost of Websites. Especially with prices being advertised like “get a website for $199 – $399”. It can be confusing to understand what does a Real Website that is designed right and gets results cost. To dig in deeper into this and really understand the cost of a website please go to this link and read the information, about a 5 minute read but worth the time https://www.digitalnest.net/how-much-should-a-website-cost/
A Custom Designed Logo is Important Because it:
1. Shows your Identity – Cattle is branded for a reason, to show ownership. Think of your Logo the same way, it Brands your business. Your custom logo shows that this is your brand, you own it and it can tell potential clients who you are and is memorable so they connect your logo with your goods / services.
2. New leads and clients get to know you – A custom logo invites potential clients to take a look at you, the colors and design can trigger curiosity. That curiosity can lead them to take a look at your business giving you a new opportunity to gain a new client.
3. Makes you unique and separates you from competitors – A custom designed logo should reflect who you are and distinguish your business from your competition. Don’t be afraid of being unique, some of the best logos today dared to be different.
4. Helps with Brand Loyalty – Creating brand loyalty is important and should not be ignored and that starts with your image which starts with your logo. A recognizable logo becomes familiar to your clients and helps create a loyal following and customer base that buys from you and refers new business as well.
5. Put it everywhere – Your logo goes on your website, shirts, business cards, email, social media Google, banners, merchandise etc. You get the point, exposure is the key to help generate a strong recognizable brand.