Our team here at Digital Nest put some important information together that will be helpful in creating success online, as long as you apply what you learn.
If you already have a website or a business and looking to build or re-design a website make sure you have the following accounts. These accounts are very important in helping get your business found online. To make it easy, we provided links to set up each of these important accounts easily.
Google My Business (GMB) – https://www.google.com/business/
Bing Business Account – https://www.bingplaces.com/
Yelp Business Account – https://biz.yelp.com/
Citations and Online Directories
A Treasure Trove For Business
Besides the above business accounts, there are tons of other areas online that you need to get your website linked to in order to help maximize your success online. Remember, today you need to use every resource available in order to stay one step ahead of your competitors and start generating traffic to your website / business. Click this link to learn more – https://www.digitalnest.net/directory-citation-set-up/
Does a Website Require SEO or is Building a Website Alone Enough?
One of the most important questions to ask, yet 90% never ask this question. The answer is Yes & No… Let us explain.
NO – If you are building a website for only people you are directing to your website by giving them your exact domain name and do not care about attracting new clients online. Maybe you are building a website that is for sharing information or has a private login feature that can only be accessed using a password by a group of people you choose.
In this case, there is Zero need for SEO as your goal is not to attract new clients/visitors or traffic. This site is built for a specific group of people. However, the website still needs to be built using the latest design standards to make sure the look and functionality are easy to navigate and visually appealing.
YES – If your intention is to get found online by potential clients searching for your goods or services. In this case you require both On-Page and Off-Page SEO. These are foundational requirements that help get your business build and steadily grow your online presence. Look at it like this, you have a great looking and highly functional website but if there is no gas in the tank, it is not going anywhere. The SEO is the fuel that allows your website to move forward and get found by the clients that have an interest in your services. Then it becomes the job of the website to convert those new visitors into leads and clients. Without SEO, your website is invisible online like close to 80% of websites online today. So, build it right with good SEO and there is still a ton of opportunity online today.
Additionally, if you are going to do any kind of additional paid marketing, you must have a good SEO foundation in order for those campaigns to be optimized. Want a little more information about SEO, please visit this link https://www.digitalnest.net/seo-ppc/
How Much Should a Website Cost?
The #1 question we get asked is about the cost of Websites. Especially with prices being advertised like “get a website for $199 – $399”. It can be confusing to understand what does a Real Website that is designed right and gets results cost. To dig in deeper into this and really understand the cost of a website please go to this link and read the information, about a 5 minute read but worth the time https://www.digitalnest.net/how-much-should-a-website-cost/
A Custom Designed Logo is Important Because it:
- Shows your Identity – Cattle is branded for a reason, to show ownership. Think of your Logo the same way, it Brands your business. Your custom logo shows that this is your brand, you own it and it can tell potential clients who you are and is memorable so they connect your logo with your goods / services.
- New leads and clients get to know you – A custom logo invites potential clients to take a look at you, the colors and design can trigger curiosity. That curiosity can lead them to take a look at your business giving you a new opportunity to gain a new client.
- Makes you unique and separates you from competitors – A custom designed logo should reflect who you are and distinguish your business from your competition. Don’t be afraid of being unique, some of the best logos today dared to be different.
- Helps with Brand Loyalty – Creating brand loyalty is important and should not be ignored and that starts with your image which starts with your logo. A recognizable logo becomes familiar to your clients and helps create a loyal following and customer base that buys from you and refers new business as well.
- Put it everywhere – Your logo goes on your website, shirts, business cards, email, social media Google, banners, merchandise etc. You get the point, exposure is the key to help generate a strong recognizable brand.
What is Mobile Friendly or a Responsive Website?
Today your clients are on mobile devices, smartphones, tablets, iPads etc. When they find your website from these devices, will they be able to view and navigate it perfectly? If not – you will lose tons of business.
More than ever, people are searching the web for goods and services from smartphones and other mobile devices first. And yes, these are your potential clients, so you need to have an online strategy that focuses on this.
If potential clients cannot easily find your business online from their mobile devices, they will never become your customer!
Therefore, you absolutely must have a Mobile Friendly / Fully Responsive website. Meaning, your website will automatically adjust to any size screen making it easy for your customers to view and navigate. Please note – “Responsive” is not the same as “Fully Responsive”, responsive will look good on some devices but not on all! Important – If you website is not Fully Responsive, Google will penalize your website. Which is very bad as that penalty pushes your website out of a lot of searches because it is not Google Compliant.
Published 8/27/2019 by Digital Nest